Tuesday, September 7, 2010

ReBoot

Welcome to The Great Society of Movie Watchers blog. It's been a while. We have no excuse. Anyways, this is a semester of rebooting, of changing it up, not taking no for an answer, eating all the custard i want, and studying the legendary Tricinemasaurus! Also, there may be chilling with Bob after fending off Megabyte and laying the smack down to Hack and Slash.

So what is this legendary Tricinemasaurus! you may ask. Well I'll tell you; it's means we make it up as we go. A group member will present a movie/movies for the group and we will then choose a theme based off of that movie. This past Sunday Stevox present us with three choices: Book of Eli, This is Spinal Tap and Minority Report. We chose Minority Report with a theme of Science Fiction. I was hoping for Chicks Who are Bald or Almost Bald as a theme. I have a film for that, and conveniently it's also Sci-Fi (go figure right.) But Sci-Fi is cool too. More on Mino Repo later.

*Side note: Science Fiction is defined as; Fiction based on imagined, future, scientific or technological advances and major social or environmental changes, frequently portraying space or time travel and life on other planets. So is it science? Is it fiction? I don't care, i just want my own Delorean Time Machine and Lightsaber! Preferably in green, but a darker green if that's possible. More Forest than Kelly, but nothing to do with DeForest Kelley who does not appear in this particular film.

After the movie is watched, and the theme is decided on; two "volunteers" pick a movie for the following two weeks based on that theme. Most likely this "volunteer" is someone who will be opinionated about said theme. Like me. Val is going next week and then I'm the week after. I'll most definitely use Val's movie to help me decide what to bring. Because lets be honest, this will most likely be the defining moment for Sci-Fi on this blog (I'd like to apologize in advance to all my fellow nerds.) So my picks gotta be good! Also, I really hope i can use my bald chick movie. And she's bald bald, not like Agatha in MinoRepo who's just kinda bald.

So buckle up the internet, we've only just begun. Alright, get this posted on the double Phong!

No comments:

Post a Comment